There goes a monster truck.

Monday, November 07, 2005

True to the end

Winston's take on holography was interesting. This might be because I can actually remember some of the hype about it when I was younger. Holography was going to revolutionize they way we see everything, movies, pictures, books. Well we all know that hasn’t happened. In the examples we’ve read thus far, the supervening social necessity can be looked at from 2 angles; necessity is created because the technology or invention is cheap to produce and therefore buy, and the new invention is finally easy to use for the unwashed masses. Did anyone else think Winston’s tone in this last chapter was a little more fun? At least not so hyper scientifically dull?

1 Comments:

  • I agree that Winston's tone was lighter, but for me I think he is better at analyzing the past than he is a forecasting the future. I am uncertain I agree that "holovision" is around the mass market corner somewhere. Perhaps I am just one of of those many factors impeding the development of new technology, but I sure don't see where consumers have a need for it. We'll see.

    By Blogger Drew Keller, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home